17 Jun 2015 until 19 Jun 2015
University of British Columbia
“From ‘Digital Humanities’ to a Humanities of the Digital” is the special focus topic of the Thireteenth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities in Vancouver, Canada.
The conference will analyze this special focus through an interdisciplinary lens, addressing the theme through keynote speakers, garden sessions, workshops, and parallel sessions:
- The ‘digital’ as a social imaginary: exploring historical continuities and ruptures in social and cultural practices in the era of digital cultures.
- The digital within the humanities: new methods and tools for documentation, research, and representation.
- The political economy of digital humanities: e-learning, e-publishing, and the reframing of disciplines and institutions.
- Big data and little data; negotiating the public and the private.
- Open access and open cultures: developing sustainable knowledge ecologies
- Adapting methodologies and focus in the digital age: has the dust settled on the ‘digital humanities’?
- From the digital humanities, to a humanities of the digital; rebuilding the humanities in the shadow of the digital, and developing a humanities of the digital.