We are pleased to bring you the latest news regarding the International Semiosis in Communication: Culture, Communication and Social Change (3rd edition), organized by the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA), Bucharest (RO), through the Applied Semiotics and Communication Lab (ASCL) – affiliated to the Centre for Research in Communication (CRC) of the Communication and Public Relations Faculty (FCRP), SNSPA – in participation with:
– Department of Semiotics, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Institute of Philosophy and Semiotics, University of Tartu, Estonia;
– Southeast European Center for Semiotic Studies (SEECSS) at New Bulgarian University (NBU), Sofia, Bulgaria;
– Semiotics and Visual Communication Research Lab at Cyprus University of Technology;
– SemioLab, affiliated with Aristotle University in Thessaloniki;
– The National School of Anthropology and History (ENAH), Mexico City, Mexico;
– Romanian Association of Semiotic Studies (ROASS).
under the auspices of the International Association for Semiotic Studies (IASS-AIS).
Here is the list of the latest news:
We are pleased to announce two new panels in the event schedule:
- the first of these new panels is called Reflecting social change in European media, and will be coordinated by a team led by Professor Evangelos KOURDIS, School of French Language and Literature, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece;
- the second of these panels will be led by Professor Massimo LEONE – Shanghai University (China) / University of Turin (Italy) -, and will be called The Meaning of Artificial Faces, panel that is part of a major research agenda, awarded an ERC Consolidator Grant in 2019 (FACETS: Face Aesthetics in Contemporary E-Technological Societies, June 2019 – May 2024).
You can read more about the two new panels in the updated CFP, attached to this message.
We are also pleased to offer you the updated list of confirmed keynote speakers:
- Marcel Danesi, Director of the Program in Semiotics and Communication Theory and Professor of Linguistic Anthropology at the University of Toronto, Canada – Marcel Danesi is Honorary Guest of the event;
- Susan Petrilli, Professor of Philosophy and Theory of Languages at the Department of Lettere, LingueArti, University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Bari, Italy; Visiting Research Fellow at the School of Psychology, the University of Adelaide, South Australia, and Vice President of the International Association for Semiotic Studies (IASS-AIS);
- Augusto Ponzio, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy and Theory of Languages at University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, Italy;
- Paul Cobley, President of IASS-AIS, International Association for Semiotic Studies, Middlesex University, U.K.;
- Peeter Torop, Department of Semiotics, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Institute of Philosophy and Semiotics, University of Tartu; Estonia;
- Julieta Haidar, National School of Anthropology and History (ENAH), Mexico City, Mexico;
- Massimo Leone, IFK Senior Fellow – International Research Centre for Cultural Studies, University of Art and Design Linz, Wien; Professor of Semiotics, Cultural Semiotics, and Visual Semiotics at the Department of Philosophy, University of Turin, Italy;
- José María Paz Gago, Catedrático de Teoría da Literatura Comparada, Departamento de Letras, Facultade de Filoloxía Universidade da Coruña, España and
- Kristian Bankov, Professor of Semiotics at New Bulgarian University and Department Chair of the Southeast European Center for Semiotic Studies; Secretary General of IASS-AIS, International Association for Semiotic Studies.
Also, please note the following information:
– Deadline for submission of Abstracts:
15th of February 2020 April 8th, 2020 – (you will receive an acknowledgment by email)
– Notification of Acceptance:
28th of February 2020 April 14th, 2020
– Deadline for participation fee (Early bird): by
27th of March 2020 May 6th, 2020
– Conference: June 4 – 6, 2020
Please check frequently the latest updates of the event on the conference’s Facebook page, as well as on the conference website. Also, details on previous editions – SC 2018 & SC 2016 – can be found on the FB page of the event – Semiosis in Communication, on the event’s YouTube page, as well as the corresponding references from the conference website (Semiosis 2018 | Semiosis 2016).
We would be grateful if you could forward this updated Call for Papers, attached to this message, to your affiliates, news boards and mailing lists (an A3 poster is also attached).
Sincere apologies for any case of cross-posting.
We welcome each and all of you to Bucharest, Romania to the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Romania (SNSPA).
For questions and details concerning the conference Semiosis in Communication: Culture, Communication and Social Change, please write to Nicolae-Sorin Drăgan at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com.